You can use a Kafka rule to send data such as messages, occupancy, lifecycle and presence events from Ably to Kafka.
If you want to send data from Kafka to Ably, you can use the Ably Kafka Connector, rather than Kafka rules.
This feature is Enterprise only, and currently in Preview.
Creating a Kafka rule
There are two ways to create a Kafka rule:
Creating a Kafka rule in the dashboard
To create a rule in your dashboard:
1. Login and select the application you wish to integrate with Kafka.
2. Click the Integrations tab.
3. Click the + New Integration Rule button.
4. Choose Firehose.
5. Choose Kafka.
6. Configure the settings applicable to your use case and your Kafka installation.
The general settings:
The Kafka-specific settings:
In this section you need to set up your Authentication for Kafka by selecting your preferred mechanism for authentication and providing credentials.
The supported Authentication Mechanisms are:
7. Click Create to create the rule.
Creating a Kafka rule using Control API
See some examples of creating rules in the rules section of the Control API documentation. You can also refer to the rule section of the Control API Reference for information on creating a Kafka rule. You will need to select a