The occupancy feature enables you to view the number of occupants attached to a channel and specific metrics about their connections.
The metrics returned by the occupancy feature include the number of:
- clients attached to a channel.
- clients authorized to subscribe to messages on a channel.
- clients authorized to publish to a channel.
- presence members currently present on a channel.
- connections authorized to subscribe to presence events.
- connections authorized to publish presence events.
Occupancy and presence
The occupancy and presence features differ in the following ways:
- provides metrics about the clients attached to a channel. This includes a count of the number of clients attached, the number of publishers and subscribers, the number of presence members, and the number of presence publishers and subscribers.
- provides information about the activity of members entered into the presence set of a channel. Presence members announce their state to presence subscribers via presence events. For example, when entering the presence set, leaving the presence set, or updating their member data.