Econsultancy’s 2017 Digital Trends report, based on the seventh annual trends survey conducted by Econsultancy and Adobe, highlights the key digital trends, challenges and opportunities which marketers need to be aware of during 2017.
The report is the most definitive of its kind in the world, based on a global survey of more than 14,000 marketers and ecommerce professionals.
The need for speed
Given we at Ably love our realtime (sub 100ms) experiences it was great to see marketers starting to really value the speed of a customer experience as an important factor in improving and optimising it.
The chart below shows what factors marketers value most in improving the customer experience:
You can compare the 2016 results (grey bars) with the 2017 results (teal bars). You can see that only two areas have become more important in the last year: making the experience as safe as possible and making it as fast as possible.
Whilst speed as a factor is understandably lower down the prioritization list than, say, value or relevancy, making the experience as fast as possible is by far the biggest climber year on year in percentage terms (50% YoY).
Further articles we’ve written looking at how we believe realtime can help deliver next generation customer experiences:
- What does realtime web, or realtime data, actually mean?
- 10 examples of realtime digital experiences we can expect more of
Five ways media businesses can innovate with realtime technology
- Ideas and inspiration around how realtime can deliver innovation and differentiation for media businesses
- How can digital OOH (out of home) media innovate with realtime technology?
- Exciting opportunities for new digital OOH experiences
- Smart notifications: the next evolution of messaging
- The challenges and opportunities in improving messaging and notification experiences
Any comments welcome as usual!